All students at Langtree School are expected to wear their school uniform with pride.
Our uniform is intended to be smart, simple, functional and value for money. Standards of uniform are very high and we assume, by selecting Langtree for your child, you will accept our policy and support us in maintaining these standards. All school uniform should be named. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children come to school in correct uniform. Staff will monitor that students are wearing correct uniform at all times. Non-uniform items will be confiscated.
Letter from Ms Burman: NEW School Uniform Information November 2022
Buying School Uniform
Some of our items can only be purchased Direct from SWI Schoolwear only. LINK to website Some items can be bought from School Wear or any High street Retailer.
HOW TO GUIDE for parents to purchase items from SWI Schoolwear
- No jewellery apart from a maximum of two small plain stud earrings, one each ear. No diamond earrings: only gold or silver.
- One stud may be worn in each ear lobe or in the outer area of the ear, the helix. Students cannot have a piercing in their tragus. Students cannot have multiple earrings even if they are ‘invisible’ or ‘transparent’ material. No ear bars are allowed. No other form of body piercing is acceptable. We do not accept plasters over piercings.
- Any non regulation jewellery will be confiscated and students can collect these items from reception on a Friday at the end of the day from the school office. If students are not able to take piercings out, they will be withdrawn from lessons and social times until the piercing is out.
Please call your child’s Head of Year if you are unsure about the rules for piercings.
Coats and jumpers
- Plain outdoor coat – Coats/scarves should not be worn in lessons. No hoodies, sweatshirts or jumpers should be worn over school uniform. No denim or leather jackets.
- No student should have his/her hair dyed an unnatural colour. Long hair must be tied back for safety reasons in practical lessons – this applies equally to all genders.
- No extreme hair styles – if you are unsure, please contact your child’s Head of Year.
Shoes and socks
- Shoes – Leather or leather type only, plain black (no sports logos) flat heels only. No trainers, no boots, no canvas shoes. Nike Air Force 1 is not acceptable as a trainer or a school shoe. Please see the visual guide here: (Visual Guide)
- Socks – navy blue, black or white. Tights –black
- Skirts must be black and pleated. As a general guide, if a student is standing with their hands by their sides, the skirt must be at least in line with their fingertips.
- No make-up or nail polish may be worn. No gel / acrylic nails.
- Plain brown, grey or black belts that fit through trouser belt loops may be worn. Non uniform scarves may be worn outdoors
- Discreet make-up may be worn
If students choose to wear an item of jewellery for genuine religious reasons, this must be kept hidden beneath their school shirt. Headscarves or other religious head coverings must be plain navy blue, white or black. Headscarves should be folded under the chin, taken round to the back of the neck & the ends tucked in, to conform to health & safety requirements.
If students do not adhere to our school uniform, sanctions will be applied.
PE Kit: High standards of appearance are very much in evidence in PE. Students will be expected to wear proper Langtree kit that is suitable for the activity they are involved in. The PE staff will tell your child what activity they are doing and what kit to bring for each lesson. All PE kit should be named.
Parents are advised to contact their child’s tutor if they are uncertain about any item.
In the case of financial difficulties, please contact your child’s tutor.
Second-hand uniform can be purchased from the school office.
Requests to vary the uniform for particular reasons, such as medical needs supported by a doctor, will always be carefully considered.
The Headteacher’s decision on matters of uniform is final.