Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
(please scroll down the page to access all information)
The Langtree School PAN (Planned Admission Number) is 120
Designated feeder schools: Checkendon CE Primary School – Goring CE Primary School – Nettlebed Primary School – South Stoke Primary School – Stoke Row Primary School – Whitchurch Primary School. Please also refer to the Admissions Policy above.
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
For further information on how to appeal please click HERE.
Transition Events for Rising Year 7’s September 2021:
Note: These are the events that we plan to run to support your child, however due to Covid-19 and government restrictions, we are not able to confirm the dates but hope to be able to do this soon. Please continue to monitor this page for updates.
- Parents’ Transition Workshops. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: [email protected]
- School visit by Mrs Belcher -Head of Year 7 & 8. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly in June to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Event. This event is for any students where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. It is an opportunity for them to meet other students who are also coming independently; make friends and to feel part of a group before the Taster day. If you would like your child to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: [email protected]
- Taster Day. Please send your child in their current school uniform, with a pencil case and their PE kit. Students can bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch, the cost of which is approximately £3.00 per student. Students should arrive at 8.40am and go the main hall via the student entrance which is located in the car park. Registration is at 8.50am and the school day finishes at 3.30pm. Please note use of the contracted bus services is not permitted, therefore please make your own arrangements to bring your child/ren to and from school on this day.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning. This is an informal opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening. There will be an address from the Head Teacher at 6.00pm and other key members of staff. Students will meet their Tutors and the children that will be in their tutor group.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Date to be confirmed. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email [email protected]
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School
Pack One: The Forms
- Student Enrolment Form 2021(Compulsory)
- Information for ‘Second Parent’ 2021
- Cashless Catering Form 2021 (Compulsory)
- Response to Taster Day form 2021 – Rising Yr 7’s only (Compulsory)
- Library Membership Form 2021
- Learning a Musical Instrument 2021
- Locker Request 2021
- Parents Transition Workshop Flier 2021
Pack Two: Information
Copies of the school policies can be found on the policies page of the website, please click HERE to go to the policies page.
- School Uniform. For information regarding school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500. (Please note, Langtree School does not procure or manage transport services. This is done by Oxfordshire County Council).
Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: [email protected]