Welcome to Langtree School Admissions
(please scroll down the page to access all information)
The Langtree School PAN (Planned Admission Number) is 120
Designated feeder schools: Checkendon CE Primary School – Goring CE Primary School – Nettlebed Primary School – South Stoke Primary School – Stoke Row Primary School – Whitchurch Primary School, Woodcote Primary School. Please also refer to the Admissions Policy above.
Please see the Oxfordshire County Councils Website for details on how to apply for a place at Langtree School.
For further information on how to appeal please click HERE.
Transition Events for Rising Year 7’s September 2022:
Note: These are the events that we plan to run to support your child, however, due to the continuation of COVID, we may have to run some of these ‘virtually’. Please continue to monitor this page for updates.
- Parents’ Transition Workshops (Parents only event) – Weds 25 May at 9.30am, Tuesday 7 June at 6pm, Monday 13 June at 6pm. This is an informal workshop which parents are invited to attend to discuss their hopes, expectations and concerns around their child’s transition from primary to secondary school. If you would like to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: [email protected]
- School visit by Mrs Belcher – Head of Year 7 & 8 – beginning of Term 6. This is an opportunity for Mrs Belcher to meet with all pupils moving up to Langtree School and their Year 6 class teacher. Mrs Belcher will contact schools directly to arrange a visit.
- Singles Transition Event – Thursday 30 June 9.30-10.30am. This event is for any students where they are the only student transferring to Langtree from their primary school. If you would like your child to attend this event, please email Mrs Belcher at: [email protected]
- Taster Day – Tuesday 5 July. Please send your child in their current school uniform, with their PE kit and a pencil case. Students can bring a packed lunch or purchase lunch, the cost of which is approximately £3 per student. Students should arrive at 8.30am and go to the main hall via the Student Entrance located in the car park. Registration is at 8.40am and the school day finishes at 3pm. Please note: use of the contracted bus services is not permitted for use by students attending the Taster Day, therefore please make your own arrangements to bring and collect your child/ren to and from school on this day.
- New Parents’ Coffee Morning and 2nd hand uniform sale – Weds 6 July 11am-12pm (Lions Den – Community Centre). This is an information opportunity for you to come along and meet some of the staff at Langtree or just chat with other parents over a cup of tea and a biscuit or two! There will also be a representative from Trutex available to discuss uniform requirements.
- Parent / Pupil Welcome Evening – Monday 18 July – 6.00pm prompt. There will be an address from the Head Teacher at 6.00pm and other key members of staff.
- Key Stage 3 Seminar – Date to be confirmed. A letter giving details will be sent out nearer the time.
- If you have any queries please email [email protected]
Admission Pack for students joining Langtree School
Pack One: The Forms
- Student Enrolment Form 2022 (Compulsory)
- Information for ‘Second Parent’ 2022
- Cashless Catering 2022 updated March 2022 (Compulsory)
- Response to Taster Day form 2022 – Rising Yr 7’s only (Compulsory)
- Library Membership Form 2022
- Music Lessons for New Starters September 2022
- Locker Request 2022
- Parents Transition Workshop Flier 2022
Pack Two: Information
- School Uniform and Equipment List 2022 (For further information on school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011)
- Cycle contract 2022
- Moving up to Secondary School 2022
- Learning Support Questions and Answers
- Admissions – Trips and Visits Information February 2022
- Useful Information & Health & Safety 2022
Copies of the school policies can be found on the policies page of the website, please click HERE to go to the policies page.
- School Uniform. For information regarding school uniform please go to: www.myschoolwear.co.uk who are based in Didcot. Tel No.: 01235 211011
- For School Transport information including bus timetables please go to: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/school-bus-timetables-and-routes
- For general transport enquiries, please call: 01865 323500. (Please note, Langtree School does not procure or manage transport services. This is done by Oxfordshire County Council).
- Langtree School: Debbie Hayward, Admissions Administrator. Telephone: 01491 683364 or email: [email protected]
- Oxfordshire County Council: General Admissions Telephone: 0345 241 2487 or visit Oxfordshire County Council website at: www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions or by email: [email protected]