My name is Mrs Belcher and I am the Head of Year 7 and Year 8 at Langtree School. I am delighted that you are considering coming to Langtree School in September. If you are offered a place at Langtree School I hope to be able to come and visit you in your Primary School during the summer term. I was unable to do Primary School visits this summer due to the current situation. We hope that we will be able to offer our normal programme of visits and a transition day, where you spend a day at Langtree School next summer before you join us. Mr Bamford and I have put together a Virtual School Tour for you to watch so you have an idea of what Langtree School will be like.
Year 7 students over the last 4 years have helped me to produce a booklet with lots of information and the answers to many of the questions that you may have before you start at Langtree School. The Langtree School Transition Guide for Year 6 Students is available HERE.
To watch the recording of the Parent’s Transition Evening 28th June 2021 please click HERE.
More Information on:
- Transition Support Information
- Student Handbook
- Parent / Child Agreement
- Travelling to school transition guide
- Moving On: Suggestions for families with a child with SEN
- Parents Information MINDSET
- Parents Information DEVELOP A GROWTH MINDSET
- Parents Information TOP TIPS PROMOTING GROWTH MINDSETS
- Parents Information MARVELLOUS MISTAKES
- Parents Information POWERFUL PRAISE
- Parents Information SUPPORTING HOMEWORK
- Parents Information ITS GOOD TO TALK
- Supporting your Child When They’re Starting a New School – on demand course
- BBC Bitesize videos about starting secondary school (video collection for students)
- Information about E-Safety and How to stay safe online can be found HERE.
Why not start to find your way around the school using our interactive map? You can find out more about teachers and support staff as well as seeing activities from within the classrooms. You can also find out more about the Y7 residential trip by “visiting” Room 63.